Recipe by Megohm
This is by far the best iced tea I've ever made, after a long, desperate search for perfection. Just the right amount of sweet, with just enough lemon to tickle your tastebuds. The ingredients were found on Allrecipes, but I've adjusted the method, which I think really makes it.
Top Review by PaulaG
Sweet tea is a southern tradition and being able to make it without bitterness is a much sought after technique. This tea was nicely brewed and no bitterness at all. Made for PARTY 2011.
- 473.18 ml water
- 1419.54 ml water
- 8 tea bags (I like Red Rose)
- 177.44 ml white sugar
- 118.29 ml fresh lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil 2 cups water, and pour over the tea bags.
- Let steep 7 minutes.
- Remove tea bags, but don't squish them or squeeze them, to keep bitterness at bay!
- Stir sugar into the hot concentrated tea mixture, until dissolved.
- Top up with remaining 6 cups water (ice cold, preferably).
- Stir, then add lemon juice, stirring again.
- Let cool or serve with ice.