Prep 1 min
Cook 10 mins
A yummy, soft salt-water taffy. Make any flavor using Kool-Aid!
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 cup corn syrup
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 (1/4 ounce) packet unsweetened Kool-Aid powdered drink mix, any flavor
- Butter two large cookie sheets, then set them aside.
- In a 2 qt.
- saucepan, combine sugar and cornstarch.
- Add corn syrup, water, butter, and salt.
- Mix well before heating.
- Bring mixture to boil on medium-high heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches 250 degrees Fahrenheit on candy thermometer (hard ball stage).
- Remove from heat, and immediately stir in the Kool-Aid powder.
- Quickly pour onto prepared cookie sheets.
- Let stand a few minutes, until cool enough to handle with your hands.
- Grab a few helpers to pull the taffy with buttered hands until the taffy lightens its color and becomes firmer.
- Roll taffy into bite-sized pieces.
- Wrap individually in squares of wax paper.
If you're wanting to make lollypops, this is a nice tasting recipe, however, it is absolutley NOT SOFT! I followed this recipe to the T and it came out hard and crunchie. I would not recomend this recipe to anyone, sorry but most of mine are hanging on my tree as HARD orniments.
this recipe worked great for me, nice and soft.