Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
A delicious sandwich adapted from Cooking Light. A great way to use up leftover grilled or roasted chicken breasts. Can be made ahead, cut into wedges, and wrapped in foil for picnics, camping, school lunches.
- 1 (10 ounce) round focaccia bread, cut in half horizontally
- 4 -6 tablespoons tapenade (Try Ruth Reichl's Tapenade, Super Easy and Elegant!)
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1⁄2 cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped drained
- 1⁄2 cup bottled roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 4 -8 pepperoncini peppers (optional)
- Spread bottom half of focaccia with olive paste.
- Arrange chicken on top of paste.
- Arrange artichokes, tomatoes, peppers, and prosciutto over chicken.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with top half of focaccia; press gently.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sandwich to pan.
- Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwich; press gently to flatten.
- Cook 2 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwich while cooking).
- Cut into 4 wedges.
- Serve with pepperoncini (optional).
I made these a month ago or so. They were delish! My tapenade was too salty, but this sandwich was sooo good. Thanks!
Made these for lunch and they were wonderful! I had some leftover chicken and that made it very quick. These were very tasty! I did add the pepperoncini peppers! Made for ZWT4 for the Tastebud Tickling Travellers.
Thank you for posting this recipe;we loved it!!!! even made your Tapenade; both are keepers. Rita