A delicious sandwich adapted from Cooking Light. A great way to use up leftover grilled or roasted chicken breasts. Can be made ahead, cut into wedges, and wrapped in foil for picnics, camping, school lunches.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (10 ounce) round focaccia bread, cut in half horizontally
- 4 -6 tablespoons tapenade (Try Ruth Reichl's Tapenade, Super Easy and Elegant!)
- 2 cups cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts, shredded
- 1/2 cup drained marinated artichoke hearts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup sun-dried tomato packed in oil, chopped drained
- 1/2 cup bottled roasted red pepper, coarsely chopped
- 2 ounces prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup Fontina cheese, shredded
- 4 -8 pepperoncini peppers (optional)
- 1Spread bottom half of focaccia with olive paste.
- 2Arrange chicken on top of paste.
- 3Arrange artichokes, tomatoes, peppers, and prosciutto over chicken.
- 4Sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Top with top half of focaccia; press gently.
- 6Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add sandwich to pan.
- 7Place a cast-iron or heavy skillet on top of sandwich; press gently to flatten.
- 8Cook 2 minutes on each side or until bread is lightly toasted (leave cast-iron skillet on sandwich while cooking).
- 9Cut into 4 wedges.
- 10Serve with pepperoncini (optional).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Antipasto Chicken Sandwich
Serving Size: 1 (208 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 210.9
- Calories from Fat 78
- Total Fat 8.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 75.1 mg
- Sodium 455.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 6.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 26.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: