Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
A natural antibacterial cleanser that helps you clean your home without hurting the planet. The aroma of the essential oils makes the cleaning experience a pleasure. (Use only essential oils.)
- 1 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons liquid soap (or more)
- 2 teaspoons tea tree essential oils
- 1 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (optional)
- Measure the baking soda into a bowl with a tight fitting lid.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of liquid soap (either regular dish washing soap or a natural brand of liquid soap such as liquid Castile soap).
- Mix well to create a paste-like consistency. If you need more liquid soap to do this, add it a little at a time until the mixture is like a paste -- pliable but not soggy.
- Once you have a consistency you feel like you can work with, add the essential oils and mix well again.
- The addition of vinegar last helps to boost the cleaning power.
- To use, scoop out a little of the cleanser and use a sponge or other cleaning tool to gently scrub your tub, shower and sink surfaces.
- A little goes a long way and the antibacterial effect of tea tree gives you extra peace of mind.
LOVE IT! I never thought I'd say that scrubbing a teenage boy's bathroom could be a pleasant experience! What a relief to not have to hold my breathe and watch my hands turn red with the itching and burning caused by store-bought cleansers. The scent of this cleanser has given the bathroom a clean feeling, without assaulting the senses. It rinses away clear and did some serious damage to the hard water residue on the shower wall. I took lots of photos, and as difficult as it is to show the before shots, they do demonstrate how well this recipe works. Now, if only you could scratch and sniff the after photos! :D Thanks so much for sharing, Hobbyzu! Made & enjoyed for BB Tag Game. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=323225
Love this! Our bathrooms look and smell so great and I love never having to buy another store-bought cleanser again!
This is an AWESOME cleaner. I use it to clean the bathrooms of a vacation rental by the beach. Always oils in the shower/tub from sunblock, lotions, etc. Takes it right off and I am not gagging from fumes like I used to. Works great! Don't think I'll ever go back to store bought!