Recipe by byZula
A natural antibacterial cleanser that helps you clean your home without hurting the planet. The aroma of the essential oils makes the cleaning experience a pleasure. (Use only essential oils.)
Top Review by **Tinkerbell**
LOVE IT! I never thought I'd say that scrubbing a teenage boy's bathroom could be a pleasant experience! What a relief to not have to hold my breathe and watch my hands turn red with the itching and burning caused by store-bought cleansers. The scent of this cleanser has given the bathroom a clean feeling, without assaulting the senses. It rinses away clear and did some serious damage to the hard water residue on the shower wall. I took lots of photos, and as difficult as it is to show the before shots, they do demonstrate how well this recipe works. Now, if only you could scratch and sniff the after photos! :D Thanks so much for sharing, Hobbyzu! Made & enjoyed for BB Tag Game. http://www.recipezaar.com/bb/viewtopic.zsp?t=323225
- 1 cup baking soda
- 2 tablespoons liquid soap (or more)
- 2 teaspoons tea tree essential oils
- 1 teaspoon peppermint oil
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure the baking soda into a bowl with a tight fitting lid.
- Add approximately 2 tablespoons of liquid soap (either regular dish washing soap or a natural brand of liquid soap such as liquid Castile soap).
- Mix well to create a paste-like consistency. If you need more liquid soap to do this, add it a little at a time until the mixture is like a paste -- pliable but not soggy.
- Once you have a consistency you feel like you can work with, add the essential oils and mix well again.
- The addition of vinegar last helps to boost the cleaning power.
- To use, scoop out a little of the cleanser and use a sponge or other cleaning tool to gently scrub your tub, shower and sink surfaces.
- A little goes a long way and the antibacterial effect of tea tree gives you extra peace of mind.