Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
Great for Spaghetti night.
- 0.5 (16 ounce) packagefrozen phyllo dough, thawed to room temperature
- 3⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 3 large heads of garlic, separated into cloves, peeled
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- 1 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 350°F Remove phyllo from package; unroll and place on large sheet of waxed paper. Cut phyllo crosswise into 2-inch-wide strips. Cover phyllo with sheets of waxed paper and damp, clean kitchen towel to keep moist.
- Lay 1 strip of phyllo at a time on flat surface and brush immediately with melted butter. Place 1 clove of garlic at end. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon walnuts along length of strip.
- Roll up garlic clove and walnuts in strip, tucking in side edges as you roll. Brush with more butter. Roll in bread crumbs. Repeat with remaining phyllo, garlic, walnuts and butter.
- Place Anti-Vampire Garlic Bites on rack in shallow roasting pan. Bake 20 minutes.
This is the most delicious thing I've ever tasted! And they weren't very hard to make, especially considering how well they turned out! Fabulous!!!
Being a fan of both roasted garlic and phyllo dough, this was a must when we had guests over for spaghetti one night. What a hit! Everyone loved them! Next time I will pre cook the garlic cloves a little bit and let them cool before wrapping them up. I found that the phyllo had to cook extra crispy and the garlic wasnt cooked enough. Also, the walnuts we not that noticable, ao I will probably not use those next time. Thanks for the great recipe!! :)