Cajun Butter Garlic Steak Bites
- Ready In:
- 23 ounces steak, cut into 2 inch cubes (can use Sirloin, Rump, New York, Porterhouse or Rib-eye, I used Sirloin)
- 1 -2 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup butter (sliced to melt faster)
- 4 garlic cloves, finely chopped (I use minced garlic in a can, 1/2 tsp = 1 clove)
For Cajun Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon mild paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon chili powder, add more if you like heat
- 3⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄2 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1⁄2 - 3⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper, add more if you like heat
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- **This is Homemade Cajun Seasoning mix. Feel free to use your own recipe or store bought, we just use about 2-3 Tbsp of seasoning. Use more for more spice.
- Combine cajun seasoning in mixing bowl. Add the steak bites and toss to evenly coat.
- Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a skillet or pan over medium-high heat until hot.
- Sear the steak bites in batches for 2-3 minutes each side (about 3-4 for more well-done bites) until edges are crispy and browned, adding extra oil as needed. Remove from pan (I use tongs to place them on a cutting board/bowl--this will also allow the meat to cool a bit, soaking in its juices!).
- Reduce heat to medium. Add butter to the skillet and heat until melted. Sauté the chopped garlic until fragrant (about 30 seconds), while scraping up any browned bits from the pan.
- Take the pan off heat. Throw the steak bites back in and toss through the garlic butter to evenly coat.
- Serve warm.
- I served this to my family with Rhodes rolls, mashed potatoes/gravy, and "Mamas Kitchen Hope" 24K Carrot recipe. Very easy recipes that you can make into a wonderful meal!
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!