Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
Liv Arneson and Ann Bancroft ate this cake while attempting to become the first women to ski across the frozen continent.
- 4 ounces cherries
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup whiskey
- 4 ounces butter
- 1 1⁄4 cups caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3 eggs
- 7 ounces walnuts
- 2 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Mix castor sugar, brown sugar, butter, eggs, and whisky together in a bowl and set aside.
- Combine baking powder with sifted flour.
- Add the baking powder and flour to the sugar mixture and blend until smooth.
- Fold in the remaining ingredients with a spatula.
- Pour into a greased and floured bread pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes (watch after 35 minutes).
- Cool on a rack and enjoy!