Prep 2 mins
Cook 5 mins
I looked to Zaar to see if this way of making tea was on here, but I gave up in my search. My son's pre-school teacher gave me this recipe and it works best for me.
- 3785.0 ml water (or less)
- 4 family-size tea bags
- 236.59-473.18 ml sugar (I use about 1 1/4 cup, the teacher used 2 cups)
- In a 2 qt pot, bring about 5 cups of water to a full boil.
- Add the four family size tea bags and remove from heat.
- Set your timer for 5 minutes (and 5 minutes ONLY!).
- During this time add sugar to gallon sized tea pitcher.
- When 5 minutes are up, add tea to sugar in pitcher and press gently on tea bags to remove left in liquid and stir. Discard tea bags.
- While stirring, add rest of water to pitcher filling to about two or three inches from top. (watching color, I do about three inches from top.
- Pour over a tall glass of ice and enjoy the goodness!
Great tea! I use Splenda in place of sugar and it came out just right with 1-1/4 c. :) Thanks, Chef Mommie!!
Amy I know you have a big smile as look down upon my family enjoying this tea. It is so refreshing and easy to pull together. Each sip brings back memories of summers with my grandmother. I will make this again! Your friends are very special people to post recipes in your honor.