Prep 8 mins
Cook 0 mins
I had never tried fried radishes before I found this site - Mr Breakfast - and I will certainly be using them more often. They become very mellow and, to me, a nicer sustitute for poataoes than the faux-potatoes recipes I have tried. First time I grated the radishes and omitted the onion and sauteed for only about 3 mins. Delish!
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- 1⁄2 small onion (diced)
- 1 bunch radish (trimmed and diced)
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried thyme
- paprika, if desired
- Saute onion in the bacon fat until soft, then add the radishes.
- Cook over medium heat until crisp outside, and soft inside,about 8 minutes.
- Add seasonings near end of cooking time. Sprinkle with paprika just before serving.
Wonderful substitute for potatoes! I didn't have any bacon, so I used olive oil and butter. Delicious! This will not be just for breakfast. Thanks for sharing.
I just finished having this for breakfast. It is a great substitute for hashbrowns. Completed my breakfast of eggs and ham, wonderfully. Next time I will add some garlic to it.
i did this with turnips and really liked it. i have heard people complain of the pink color of this which peeled turnips do not have. it's just an alternative option.