Recipe by Enjolinfam
I have adapted my original healthy peanut butter cookie on this site, Healthy Peanut Butter & Honey Cookies Healthy Peanut Butter & Honey Cookies, to make a softer cookie and thought I would post what has become my more commonly made peanut butter cookie. It is not a really sweet cookie, but my children still really enjoy this healthy treat. I hope you enjoy it!
Top Review by adams.wifey
These are great. I didn't have any applesauce on hand - so i just pulverized a small, sweet apple in the food processor - with the peel on. then added the rest of the ingredients and processed them together.
The cookies came out perfectly. Thanks for the recipe Enjolinfam!
PS: I LOVE all your other recipes too...
- 1 cup oats
- 1⁄2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup natural-style peanut butter (I use the healthy kind of peanut butter which is basically just peanuts with no sugar or salt added)
- 1⁄2 cup unsweetened applesauce (I usually can my own applesauce and don't add anything to the apples)
- 1⁄3 cup honey or 1⁄3 cup agave nectar
Directions See How It's Made
- Blend dry ingredients up in a food processor.
- Mix together peanut butter, applesauce, and honey or agave nectar in a bowl. Once the wet ingredients are mixed well, add the dry ingredients and mix together. I usually finish by mixing with my hands.
- Form small balls and set them on a cookie sheet after spraying it with a nonstick spray. Use a fork to press down on the ball to flatten the cookies. Bake in an oven for 10 minutes only at 350 degrees. Remember that peanut butter cookie's burn easily so you need to take them out right away even if they don't look done, because by the time they are brown on top they are usually burnt on the bottom.