Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
This cake has a nice texture and a crust that is just crunchy enough. I hope it is not already posted on Recipezaar. I looked at MANY pound cakes and could not find an exact match. Some called for 2 cups of powdered sugar but this one uses a whole pound.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 1 lb powdered sugar (10X-about 4 cups)
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lemon extract
- Cream butter or margarine and sugar well.
- Add eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add flour 1/2 cup at a time, beating in each addition before adding the next.
- When well blended, add the vanilla and lemon extracts.
- Turn into a well greased and floured Bundt pan.
- Bake in preheated 350 degree (Fahrenheit) oven for 45 to 55 minutes.
- Cool briefly, then turn out onto serving plate.
Great flavour just on it's own.
I must say, this cake was great and easy. This was my first cake/pound cake from scratch. THE HOUSE HOLD LOVED IT. The help about the powdered sugar REALLY helped. Thanks for the recipe and thanks to everyone that helped out on the directions!
Wonderful flavoured cake, I love the crunch like crust. I drizzled a yogurt and lemon glaze over top. Thanks for a lovely recipe.