Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
We love shrimp and I'm always looking for different ways to make it. This recipe has Dijon mustard for a little zip.
- 1 lb medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard (If you love dijon, add a little more! I like 2 tablespoons)
- 6 -8 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1⁄8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lemons
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Place shrimp in a large broiler safe pan and pre-heat broiler, set aside.
- In a large saute pan, melt butter and oil until bubbly.
- Add garlic and saute 1-2 minutes-- be careful not to burn garlic.
- Add the dijon mustard, chili flakes and salt and stir until well blended.
- Pour sauce over shrimp and broil for approximately 5 minutes or until shrimp has turned pink.
- Remove from broiler and place on large platter, sprinkle with lemon juice and fresh parsley.
- Serve with fresh bread and extra lemon.
This dish was delightful. I love that you can prepare it ahead, and then just pop it in the oven. I was worried that the mustard will overpower the delicate taste of the shrimp, but that was not an issue. Overall this dish is well balanced and great for entertaining. Thank you.
These shrimp were really good. I went for the 2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard and it gave a very strong flavor, perfect for me since I love the stuff. Be sure to have plenty of bread for dipping, you won't want this sauce to go to waste!
I made this recipe as written with the exception that I prepared it over the stove. I cooked the shrimp approximately 3-4 minutes and added the fresh lemon juice and parsley to the pan at the last minute. This was very good and I loved the sauce for dipping with crusty bread. Great recipe Denise. Thanks for sharing!