Recipe by Wendy H.
My mother's meatloaf - the best in the world. It's light and flaky and moist, not leaden and heavy like most. It still stays together well, especially when cold if you like meatloaf sandwiches. The veal is the secret ingredient that adds distinctive, subtle flavor, so do make sure to include it.
- 453.59 g lean ground chuck
- 113.39 g ground veal
- 118.29 ml breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 1 large onion, diced
- 177.44 ml tomato sauce
- salt and pepper
- Heinz Chili Sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix chuck and veal together; grind together if not ground at the market.
- Mix ingredients thoroughly, put in loaf pan. Salt and pepper are optional.
- Top with Heinz Chili Sauce, if desired.
- Cook 1 hour at 350 degrees (325 if in Pyrex); 1.25 hours for double recipe.
- Serve with Heinz Chili Sauce.