1/1 Photo of Annette's Basic Sugar Cookies
1 hr 30 mins
My friend Annette G. (a great Indiana cook) is one of my favorite cooks and hostesses. She is always cooking up something delicious for her family and friends. She made Valentine's Day treats for her family recently and shared her recipe with me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- 2Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- 3In a small bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- 4Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- 5Divide dough in half.
- 6Flatten halves into discs.
- 7Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze 20 minutes or longer.
- 8Remove from freezer and let stand 5 - 10 minutes.
- 9Place one disk on a lightly floured surface, roll 1/8 inch thick.
- 10Cut with your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- 11Place on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- 12Bake at 325F for 12-14 minutes.
- 13Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove to cookie racks.
- 14In a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice, adding only enough glaze to form a slow sticky stream when you dip into the glaze and let it flow back into the bowl.
- 15Spread glaze over top of each cookie. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Annette's Basic Sugar Cookies
Serving Size: 1 (848 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1098.7
- Calories from Fat 298
- Total Fat 33.2 g
- Saturated Fat 20.0 g
- Cholesterol 151.8 mg
- Sodium 498.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 191.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 126.2 g
- Protein 11.0 g