Recipe by Acerast
My friend Annette G. (a great Indiana cook) is one of my favorite cooks and hostesses. She is always cooking up something delicious for her family and friends. She made Valentine's Day treats for her family recently and shared her recipe with me.
Top Review by 2Bleu
This recipe made it into Book #179627. I love sugar cookies and the simplicity that usually all the ingredients are always in the pantry. I made these today and they were wonderful with the lemon icing in your recipe. I Enjoyed them with a hot cup of tea. Outstanding! Thanks acerast.
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 cup white sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 -4 tablespoons lemon juice (may use milk or water)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar.
- Beat in the egg and vanilla.
- In a small bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- Add the dry ingredients to the creamed mixture; mix well.
- Divide dough in half.
- Flatten halves into discs.
- Wrap in plastic wrap and freeze 20 minutes or longer.
- Remove from freezer and let stand 5 - 10 minutes.
- Place one disk on a lightly floured surface, roll 1/8 inch thick.
- Cut with your favorite cookie cutter shapes.
- Place on a greased or parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake at 325F for 12-14 minutes.
- Allow to cool for a few minutes on the cookie sheet and then remove to cookie racks.
- In a small bowl, stir together the powdered sugar and lemon juice, adding only enough glaze to form a slow sticky stream when you dip into the glaze and let it flow back into the bowl.
- Spread glaze over top of each cookie. Enjoy!