- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄3 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 6 tablespoons butter, softened
- 2 2⁄3 cups confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup cocoa powder
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 30 cashews
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Sift together flour, baking soda and salt in a medium bowl.
- In small bowl, mix together buttermilk and vanilla.
- Beat butter and white sugar together in a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer for about 3 minutes or until evenly distributed and light in color. Add egg to butter and sugar mixture and beat until blended. Gradually mix in flour mixture one cup at a time, adding buttermilk mixture between each cup of flour, mix until smooth. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as necessary.
- Drop leveled 1/4-cups of batter onto a greased baking sheet. Bake on middle rack for 14-16 minutes, or until the tops are golden brown.
- Allow cookies to cool completely before icing.
- In a mixing bowl, beat butter until creamy. Add sugar and cocoa, mixing well. Add milk in 2 portions, stirring each time. Add vanilla extract.
- Prepare a pastry bag with a multi-opening/ grass tip, fill with the frosting and close tightly with a rubber band. Hold the tip vertically over the cookie, squeeze and pull up quickly. Repeat to cover the whole cookie.
- Press 5 cashews into each cookie to form claws.
Have any thoughts about this recipe? Share it with the community!
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
Hungry for good food AND great conversation? Food.com boasts a smorgasbord of over 500,000 recipes and a community-inspired activity feed that allows our users to add reviews, tweaks, questions and photos to their favorite recipes. Grab a plate and join the fun!