1/3 Photos of Anne Byrn's Lemon Lover's White Chocolate Cake
Harley Seashell Princess's Note:
This cake is out of this world! I got everyone hyped about it when I spoke of making it for my Mom's birthday. This recipe calls for store-bought lemon curd but I like to use Bev's Lemon Curd recipe!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
For the cake
- 6 ounces white chocolate chips
- 1 (18 1/2 ounce) package white cake mix (I like Betty Crocker)
- 2/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 cup lemon curd (I use recipe 46378 - Lemon curd is for the filling)
For the frosting
- 1For the cake:.
- 2Melt 6 oz of white chocolate chips in the microwave for about 2 minutes, stirring half way through.
- 3Depending on the power of your microwave you may need more or less time.
- 4Be sure to watch carefully so that the white chocolate doesn't burn.
- 5Cool the white chocolate slightly.
- 6Add to the remainder of the cake ingredients and mix well.
- 7Pour into two 8-inch round cake pans which have been lined with greased aluminum foil.
- 8Bake 28 to 32 minutes or until a cake tester comes out clean.
- 9Allow to cool in pans for 10 minutes before turning out onto a rack to cool completely.
- 10For the frosting:.
- 11Melt the 6 oz white chocolate chips in the microwave using the same procedure as before.
- 12Let cool slightly.
- 13Meanwhile combine the rest of the ingredients.
- 14Add the melted white chocolate.
- 15Beat with a mixer until fluffy.
- 16For the assembly:.
- 17Spread one of the cooled cakes with lemon curd.
- 18Place the second cake on top.
- 19Frost the top and the sides of the cake.
- 20I prefer to keep this cake refrigerated due to the cream cheese frosting.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anne Byrn's Lemon Lover's White Chocolate Cake
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 949.2
- Calories from Fat 427
- Total Fat 47.4 g
- Saturated Fat 20.9 g
- Cholesterol 131.7 mg
- Sodium 642.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 123.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 105.6 g
- Protein 10.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: