Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
These lemon bars are perfect! They are very sweet and rich, so you only need a small piece to satisfy your craving. They are perfect warm with vanilla ice cream!
- 1 cup butter
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 cups oatmeal (not instant)
- 3 lemons, juice of
- 2 lemons, zest of, chopped fine
- 1 orange, zest of, chopped fine
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cream butter and sugar, then add the flour and oatmeal to make the dough (it will be a little crumbly). Set aside.
- Stir juice and zest into milk. Set aside.
- Butter (or spray) a 9 by 13 inch pan. Press two-thirds to three-quarters of the dough into the pan. Spread lemon/milk mixture evenly over the top of the dough. Sprinkle the remaining dough (kind of like streusel) over the top. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes until golden. When cool, slice into 1-inch squares.