1/1 Photo of Anna Olson's Crisp Fruit Chips
1 hr 35 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Yes, this is another recipe from Food and Drink Magazine! "A garnish of fruit chips is a dramatic way to add shards of concentrated flavour and snappy crunch to winter desserts and soups. Pastry chef Anna Olson, host of Food Network Canada's "Sugar" and owner of Olson's Foods and Bakery in Port Dalhousie, particularly loves pear or pineapple chips. They're easy to make at home, she says, but cautions "the real trick is having a good sharp mandolin slicer to cut the fruit thinly." I had fun making these beautiful garnishes so I thought I would share! They may be made with your favourite fruits, unpeeled pears or apples sliced lengthwise, or peeled and uncored pineapple are good choices. Use your imagination!! Ingredient amounts are approximate, you can add more or less fruit and icing sugar to taste.
My Private Note
cups fr ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups fresh fruit (unpeeled pears or apples sliced lengthwise, or peeled and uncored pineapple are good choices)
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 1Using a mandolin slicer (inexpensive Japanese versions are available in most kitchen supply stores), very thinly slice your favourite fruits.
- 2Arrange slices in a single layer on a parchment-lined baking sheet; sprinkle with icing sugar.
- 3Top with another sheet of parchment and another baking sheet.
- 4Dry in a 225ºF (110ºC) oven for 45 minutes. Remove top baking sheet and top layer of parchment; continue drying in the oven for at least another 45 minutes, until crisp. The more moist the fruit the longer it will take to dry.
- 5Let cool completely; store in an airtight container.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Anna Olson's Crisp Fruit Chips
Serving Size: 1 (60 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 116.7
- Calories from Fat 0
- Total Fat 0.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 0.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 29.3 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: