Recipe by Michelle Berteig
This is a holiday tradition in my family for over 40 years. I got the recipe from my mom, for these German cookies. Actually, I am not a fan of anise, so I plan to make them with another flavoring. Recipe yield is unknown, I just entered a random value. Enjoy!
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sifted powdered sugar
- 2 cups sifted flour
- 3⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 3 drops anise oil or 1 teaspoon anise extract
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat eggs for 10 minutes.
- Gradually add the sifted sugar and flour (flour was sifted with the baking powder); add flavoring.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls on baking sheet covered with wax paper.
- Let dry for at least 8 hours, then bake at 275F for approximately 8-10 minutes, or until VERY lightly browned.