Recipe by Tonya's Kitchen
A recipe I got from my college girlfriend. They are great sugar cookies for the holidays. They come out so soft and fluffy! The cookie yield depends on the size of cookies you make!
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup shortening
- 2 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix all ingredients except 1/4 cup milk.
- After mixing, add just enough milk so the dough isn't dry.
- Roll out onto a floured surgace.
- Keep flour on center of dough, underneath and keep flour light ontop of dough.
- Roll out dough to 1/8" thich.
- Cut into shape using cookie cutters.
- Bake at a 350 degree oven for 8 minutes or when you push on a cookie, it springs back.
- Let set on cookie sheet for 2 minutes then move to a cooling rack.
- Once completely cooled, decorate.