Recipe by Realtor by day, Chef by night
My little girl loves shrimp. This is one of her favorite shrimp recipes. I make sure it's always on the table for special occasions.
Top Review by Kittencal@recipezazz
what a treat this is these are absolutely delicious and easy to make too, I added in a large clove of minced garlic and some cayenne pepper to the mixture, I love these and I am going to make them again very soon, thanks Realtor!
- 10 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (just a small sprinkling really)
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, drained & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby & monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat broiler. Trim crusts from bread slices, then cut into 20 assorted shapes, using 2 inch flutted round cookie cutter to cut circles and sharp knife to cut triangles.
- Tear enough of the bread trimmings into fine crumbs to measure 1/2 cup crumbs; set aside.
- Mix butter and thyme; brush evenly onto bread cutouts. Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Broil 2 min or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix reserved bread crumbs with shrimp, cheese, mayo and salt. Spread evenly onto toast cutouts.
- Broil an additional 8 to 10 min or until hot and bubbly.