Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
My little girl loves shrimp. This is one of her favorite shrimp recipes. I make sure it's always on the table for special occasions.
- 10 slices white bread
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄8 teaspoon dried thyme leaves (just a small sprinkling really)
- 1 (12 ounce) package frozen cooked shrimp, thawed, drained & chopped
- 1⁄2 cup shredded colby & monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄3 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- Preheat broiler. Trim crusts from bread slices, then cut into 20 assorted shapes, using 2 inch flutted round cookie cutter to cut circles and sharp knife to cut triangles.
- Tear enough of the bread trimmings into fine crumbs to measure 1/2 cup crumbs; set aside.
- Mix butter and thyme; brush evenly onto bread cutouts. Place in single layer on baking sheet.
- Broil 2 min or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, mix reserved bread crumbs with shrimp, cheese, mayo and salt. Spread evenly onto toast cutouts.
- Broil an additional 8 to 10 min or until hot and bubbly.
what a treat this is these are absolutely delicious and easy to make too, I added in a large clove of minced garlic and some cayenne pepper to the mixture, I love these and I am going to make them again very soon, thanks Realtor!
I made these today for a snack, and so very glad I did. I did add 1 tsp garlic (next time will make it a tablespoon) and some cayenne to add just a touch of spicy flavor to them taking the lead from Kittencal on her favorite additives...lol. These are well worth making for parties and showers, very easy to make too. Thank You for another great recipe. Made for KK's Chefs Picks Event.
These were easy and quick to put together. They did brown very quickly so be careful.