Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
I made this up because I had lots of extra spinach and tomatoes out in the garden. I'm so glad I did, because I'd order this in a restaurant! I hope you enjoy it as much as I did.
- 3 chicken breasts (more or less to your discretion)
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large garlic cloves, minced
- 6 ounces spinach, destemmed & coarsely chopped
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pinch red pepper flakes
- 6 ounces angel hair pasta, dry
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 450°F Once preheated, cook chicken for 20-25 minutes.
- Meanwhile, destem and chop the spinach and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat and cook garlic for 2 minutes. Add spinach and cook until wilted. Add tomatoes, salt and pepper. Cook until soft. Add red pepper.
- Bring water to a boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- Put pine nuts in the oven for the last 5 minutes of the chicken's cooking time.
- When chicken is finished, slice or chop and add to the sauce. Simmer until pasta is done, then add the pine nuts and parmesan.
- Top the pasta with the sauce and serve warm.
Refreshing and excellent. I made it with home grown cherry tomatoes