Recipe by LAURIE
Another Italian pasta dish from the neighborhood Italian "grammas!"
Top Review by Barb G.
OH MY GOODNESS, This is so good everyone really liked it. I added a little minced garlic and used my home canned Italian Tomatoes. This will be listed as one of the deliciuos recipes to make again soon.
- 5 slices prosciutto ham, chopped small
- 1⁄2 large onion, chopped small
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (28 ounce) canpeeled Italian tomatoes
- 1 lb angel hair pasta
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 bunch fresh basil
- salt and pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in skillet and cook, ham, onion and garlic for 2-3 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, salt and pepper and simmer on low for 25 minutes.
- Meanwhile boil water and cook pasta to al'dente, about 5 minutes.
- DRAIN WELL.
- Add butter and 1/2 of the basil to the sauce.
- Put pasta into a deep, flat pasta bowl and toss with the sauce.
- Garnish with other 1/2 of the basil.