1/1 Photo of Angel Hair Pasta With Roasted Tomato Sauce
This healthy dish is elegant, simple, fresh, and so tasty. Basically throw it all on a pan, bake, process, enjoy! Feel free to add any ingredient you would like, such as mushrooms, spinach, the possiblities are endless. I highly recommend this dish for anyone trying to impress a dinner guest or ....date! And if possible, in the summer, use farm grown tomatoes for the amazing flavor.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Set oven to 475.
- 2Cut tomatoes in half lengthwise.
- 3On a large sheet pan, lay tomatoes cut side up.
- 4Scatter garlic, onion slices, and basil on the pan with the tomatoes. Sprinkle the kosher salt and crushed red pepper over all of the ingredients.
- 5Drizzle the olive oil over everything, more or less to taste. I like to get a little olive oil on each tomato half.
- 6Place in heated oven for 35-45 minutes.
- 7About 15 minutes before sauce is done, start cooking the angel hair pasta. Angel hair cooks very fast, so keep an eye on it. When done, drain and drizzle with olive oil so it doesn't stick together.
- 8Back to the sauce!
- 9When tomatoes begin to 'roast' or turn black, it should be done. Smash a garlic clove if unsure. If soft, it's done.
- 10Remove from the oven, let it cool for 5 minutes.
- 11Throw it all in a food processor and pulse until desired consistency.
- 12Pour the pasta into a large pretty bowl, drizzle again with a little olive oil if desired. After processing, pour the tomato sauce over the pasta.
- 13Sprinkle with fresh grated parmesan.
- 14Garnish with a sprig of basil.
- 15Serve with a salad and french bread. Enjoy!
Browse Our Top Low Cholesterol Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Cholesterol Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Angel Hair Pasta With Roasted Tomato Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (235 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 746.0
- Calories from Fat 282
- Total Fat 31.3 g
- Saturated Fat 5.3 g
- Cholesterol 5.5 mg
- Sodium 1856.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 97.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.1 g
- Sugars 7.6 g
- Protein 19.7 g