Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is quick. You may also substitute chicken breast cubes for the fish. Either way, it is delicious. You can also use canned broth. Edamame is soy beans.
- 340.19 g package angel hair pasta
- 59.16 ml olive oil
- 2 beaten eggs
- 4.92 ml cold water
- 236.59 ml white flour
- 4.92 ml paprika
- 2 (907.18-1133.98 g) thick cod fish fillets or 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 473.18 ml chopped fresh mushrooms or 236.59 ml canned mushroom, stems and pieces, drained
- 473.18 ml hot water
- 9.85 ml sysco chicken base
- 9.85 ml minced garlic
- 9.85 ml nakano rice vinegar
- 4.92 ml kikkomen soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sliced pimientos (optional)
- 473.18 ml frozen edamame, rinsed with warm water (soy beans)
- Heat a stockpot with water and cook pasta as directed.
- Note: Rub some olive oil on the inside edge of the pot towards the top and the pasta will never boil over the top.
- While pasta is cooking, cut fish or chicken in 1 inch cubes.
- Beat eggs and water together. Pour in a flat bottom dish.
- Mix paprika with flour.Pour in flat bottom dish.
- Dip the fish or chicken in the egg mixture, then in seasoned flour.
- Heat the olive oil in large frying pan, saute the fish or chicken until brown on all sides. Place on paper towels. About 5 minutes.
- While pasta and fish or chicken are cooking, mix hot water chicken base or chicken broth,garlic,rice vinegar, soy sauce together. Put in a microwave steamer dish or microwave dish with cover.
- Add mushrooms and edamame; stir.
- Cook 70% power for 10 minutes; set aside.
- Do not uncover.
- Drain Pasta. Keep warm with towel.
- To Serve: Place pasta in large serving pasta dish around the edge. Put fried fish chunks or chicken chunks in the middle and the steamed sauce veggies over the fish or chicken. Sprinkle pimento slices on top if desired. Serve hot.
This was fabulous!! I made it with the Cod. My husband and I both loved it!