Prep 40 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a delicious way to prepare chicken! Brown sugar-ey, sweet pineapple-ey, and with just the right amount of fresh ginger! Cook this during the week, on the weekends, and it's great for guests! You may substitute the macadamia nuts for sliced almonds if you wish. Note* The marinating time is included in the prep time.
- 1 lb linguine or 1 lb vermicelli
- 1 1⁄2 lbs boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch by 3-inch strips
- 1 1⁄2 cups light soy sauce
- 1 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 4 tablespoons dark oriental sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh gingerroot, grated
- 1 (20 ounce) can pineapple chunks in juice, drained and reserve juice
- 2 medium onions, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 2 medium red bell peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 medium yellow peppers, cored and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1⁄4 cup macadamia nuts, toasted and chopped
- Mix together the soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger, sesame oil, and the juice drained from the canned pineapple. Reserve 1 Celsius of sauce for the pasta. Pour remaining sauce over the chicken, pineapple, onion, and pepper chunks and marinate for approximately 20 min., stirring Meanwhile, light grill with mesquite charcoal and allow coals to start. While waiting for grill, cook pasta according to package directions. Drain and toss with remaining sauce and place in large serving dish.
- Skewer marinated chicken and vegetables and grill until cooked through; turning occasionally. Remove from skewers and arrange over pasta. Sprinkle with macadamia nuts and serve.