Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Low fat and delicious! I found it while searching the Weight watcher site for low fat desserts. Can be eaten alone or else is also very tasty with fresh strawberries and Cool Whip.
- 1 (16 ounce) box fat free angel food cake mix
- 1 (14 ounce) can crushed pineapple in juice, don't drain juice
- 1 (10 ounce) can mandarin oranges in juice, drain juice
- 1 orange, zest of
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- lLine muffin pans with 24 paper liners or spray with Pam.
- Combine first 3 ingredients and mix well.
- Blend rind in at the end.
- Fill muffin cups approximately 3/4 full.
- Bake approximately 15 minutes.
I figure that with 140 calories for 1/12 piece of angel food cake, 2 muffins should equal about 1/12 piece. The recipe is great and so easy. It also satisfies my sweet tooth without all the extra calories. Jennifer
These did not turn out for us. There were too many air bubbles in the batter. They did not rise and they were too wet. Not very muffin-y.
I love these! Like Brend, I found the recipe originally with Weight Watchers. I haven't made them in a while, but they are delicious and easy to make.