Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Woodall's Camp Cooking, Jimmy Bannos. This is the basic recipe, I increase proportions to equal one cup. Hot Pimenton could be subbed for the Hungarian paprika to increase the heat. It would also contribute a light, smoky flavor. Pimenton Dulce, or sweet pimenton, would work in place of the spanish paprika, too.
- 3 tablespoons Hungarian paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons spanish paprika
- 5 teaspoons salt
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried thyme leaves
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄8 teaspoon onion powder
- Combine all ingredients in a small bowl until thoroughly mixed.
- Store in an airtight container. The spice mix keeps its best flavor for about two months.