Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Angel cake is low in fat and just right as a finale to a feast. Topping the plain cake with berries marinated in liqueur adds zing without adding fat. A recipe from Healthy Eating.
- 1 angel food cake (from your supermarket or bakery)
- 1 package frozen raspberries, without syrup thawed
- 1⁄4 cup Grand Marnier or 1⁄4 cup any orange liqueur
- Mix thawed berries with Grand Marnier.
- Marinate in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Puree about 1/3 of the berries.
- Stir in the whole berries and bring to room temperature.
- Cut angel cake into desired number of slices.
- Spoon berries mixture over angel cake and serve.
I made just the tipsy raspberries to go with a home baked angel food cake. I found the frozen berries too tart so I added some sugar. Much better!
I wanted to make something different for dh today and he loves angel food cake and that is what he asked for. On top of that he loves raspberries.So when I searched low and behold up popped Toolsie ~!!!! Thanks for the nummy dessert. I used the orange liquer I had on hand from another recipe.