Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A family favorite
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1 1/2 pounds total)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 3⁄4 cup marsala wine
- Pound breast to 1/4 inch thickness. Place the flour in a shallow dish. add the chicken and coat evenly: set aside.
- In a large skillet, heat the butter and oil over medium heat. Cook the chicken in batches for 3-4 minutes per side, or until golden and no pink remains. Remove the cooked chicken to a platter and keep warm.
- Add the mushrooms to the skillet; sprinkle with salt & pepper, and saute for 3-5 minutes or until tender. return the chicken to the skillet, add the wine, and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes, or until the sauce thickens and the chicken is heated through.