Recipe by HeatherFeather
This is a copycat of a bagel breakfast sandwich served at a local bagel shop in California called The Bagel Bakery.
Top Review by Dawn
I am having a seizure of happiness (probably because my shorts are too tight) from eating this bagel sandwich. I love to go out the bagel shops and buy the sandwiches, but now I can make my own. I used swiss cheese and left out the bean sprouts & I loved the combo of tastes. I bought a variety of meats and cheeses to try on the sandwich, so I can eat them morning, noon, and night!
- 1 bagel, split in half
- 1 -2 egg
- 1 -2 slice avocado
- 3 slices sun-dried tomatoes
- 1 slice red onions or 1 slice sweet onion
- 1 -2 tablespoon monterey jack cheese, shredded or 1 -2 tablespoon feta cheese
- alfalfa sprout (optional)
- 2 slices cooked bacon (optional)
- salt & pepper, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Split bagel in half and toast lightly.
- Meanwhile, scramble eggs and cook in a small frying pan sprayed with nonstick cooking spray until done, trying to keep the eggs in one large piece (like for an omelette).
- Butter bagel if desired and place cooked egg on top of one half.
- Top with a sprinkling of cheese, a slice of red onion, some avocado slices, and the sun-dried tomatoes; top with bacon strips and alfalfa sprouts if desired.
- Season to taste with some salt and pepper.
- Place remaining bagel half on top and cut into two halves.
- Serve warm.