1 hr 15 mins
Mrs. DeVelopment's Note:
After being inspired by many breakfast burrito recipes on Zaar, I came up with my own version. I didn't have a big enough pan for many of the other recipes! This still makes a lot! Adding crushed red pepper after you have rolled up your mild ones makes this a recipe for your whole family. I wrap the burritos up in wax paper and put them back in the tortilla bags since we go through them so fast...they NEVER last us a month! I make these every other week because we eat them almost every day. Hope you enjoy my version!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 32 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 lb breakfast sausage
- 2 dozen eggs
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes, drained
- 4 -5 potatoes, diced small I use russet and leave on the skins
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 lb cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes, for spicy- (optional)
- 32 sheets wax paper
- 1In the largest frying pan you have, fry sausage until well done, I even like to get a few crispies going! Drain. You must drain it! Set aside and keep warm.
- 2In same pan, melt about 1 tbs butter/marg and cook onion. I like to turn up the heat so they brown quickly without becoming mushy. Add onions to sausage.
- 3In same pan, melt 4 tbs butter/marg and add in potaotes. Stir slightly to coat with butter/marg and cover. Cooking time will depend on the size of your "dices".
- 4While these are cooking, you can get your eggs ready. Crack them into large mixing bowl and whisk. Add salt & pepper to taste or whatever seasoning you prefer. Add in drained rotel tomatoes and set aside.
- 5After about 5 minutes, turn potatoes over and replace cover. When potatoes are no longer hard, remove lid and cook to let them crisp up. The crispier the better!
- 6When potatoes are desired crispness, add in the eggs. It will take a bit for the eggs to cook, but turn them occasionally, and when you think they are about 2/3 to 3/4 done cooking, add back in sausage and onion. Mix well and continue to cook. You can speed up the process by covering pan toward the end.
- 7Fill tortilla shells with mixture and add a little cheese on top. Roll up it up. You will get the hang of it! I place the wax paper like a diamond in front of me.
- 8When you have made about 16 burritos, you can add in the crushed red pepper if you want to make 1/2 of your batch spicy.
- 10Microwave on high for 1 minute, turn over and microwave for 1 minute more. It may take a little less or longer as microwaves vary.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amy's Mild or Spicy Breakfast Burritos OAMC
Serving Size: 1 (158 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 32
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 366.2
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.7 g
- Cholesterol 149.5 mg
- Sodium 655.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 15.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: