My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/4 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1 cup cake flour
- 15 large egg whites
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cream of tartar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup granulated sugar
FILLING AND TOPPING
- 1Position a rack in the center of the oven and preheat the oven to 375 F degrees.
- 2To make the cake, combine the powdered sugar and cake flour.
- 3In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on high speed, beat the egg whites, cream of tartar, vanilla extract, almond extract, and salt until well mixed and soft peaks form.
- 4Beat in the sugar, a little at a time, and beat until stiff but not dry.
- 5With a rubber spatula, fold in the dry ingredients until the flour is just incorporated.
- 6Pour the mixture into an ungreased 10-inch tube pan, shaking the pan lightly.
- 7Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, or until the top springs back when touched and is golden brown.
- 8Invert the pan onto a bottle or funnel and cool completely.
- 9To assemble, using a serrated knife, cut the cake into three layers.
- 10Sprinkle each layer with some of the amaretto.
- 11Place one layer on a serving plate.
- 12Spread the pistachio ice cream on the bottom layer and top with the second layer.
- 13Spread the chocolate ice cream on the second layer and top with the third layer.
- 14Freeze the cake for 20 to 30 minutes, or until set.
- 15Meanwhile, to make the topping, in a chilled bowl, using an electric mixer on medium speed, beat the heavy cream and the remaining amaretto until it forms soft peaks.
- 16Spread on the top and sides of the cake.
- 17Return to the freezer.
- 18Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, over low heat, melt the chocolate chips, stirring until smooth.
- 19Line a baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- 20Pour the melted chocolate onto the prepared pan, spreading it 1/4 inch thick.
- 21Let chocolate set for 15 minutes.
- 22Using an oiled heart shaped cookie cutter, cut out hearts.
- 23Place them on top of the cake.
- 24Keep cake in the freezer until ready to serve.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amore-The Italiano Love Cake
Serving Size: 1 (272 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 7
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 738.6
- Calories from Fat 332
- Total Fat 36.9 g
- Saturated Fat 22.5 g
- Cholesterol 105.9 mg
- Sodium 258.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 94.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 73.1 g
- Protein 13.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
pistachio ice cream