Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
I don't recall where I got this recipe from but we like these cookies. You can use full fat products if desired.
- 118.29 ml light butter
- 118.29 ml 1% low-fat milk
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 44.37 ml unsweetened cocoa
- 118.29 ml reduced-fat peanut butter
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1.23 ml salt
- 709.77 ml quick-cooking oats
- 118.29 ml chopped pecans
- In a small saucepan, over medium heat, mix the butter, milk, sugar, and cocoa.
- Bring to a boil and cook for 1 minute
- Remove from heat and stir in the peanut butter, vanilla, and salt.
- Mix in the oats and pecans.
- Using a small cookie scoop or teaspoon, drop onto waxed paper and allow cookies to stand 1 hours
- Store in an airtight container.
I love these cookies! We used to buy them in the mountains when I was a child and I've been looking for the recipe for years. These are delicious!
My mother made these for us when we were kids. She never used the nuts, but that doesn't take anything away from these cookies. Yummy, and easy to make too.
has anyone tried making this with Splenda? - it would save 768 calories, but might reduce the number of cookies made since youuse 1/2 c Splenda for 1 c sugar.