Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Serve these apple bars warm with vanilla ice cream or just sprinkle with powdered sugar; either way they are yummy! Recipe found on the internet.
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 3⁄4 cups sugar
- 2 eggs, well beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups baking apples, peeled and chopped
- 1⁄2 cup walnuts
- Cream butter, sugar, eggs and vanilla with electric mixer.
- Combine dry ingredients and add to butter mixture.
- Mix until flour is moistened.
- By hand, fold in apples and walnuts.
- Spread in greased 9" square baking pan and bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes or until done.
- Serve warm with vanilla ice cream.