Recipe by RedhairMac
Love the taste of Chinese but want cheese too? I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it's a great blending of two cultures and very kid-friendly. My family loves it!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Melt butter in skillet, and cook chicken until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Butter/grease baking dish.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cooked chicken, broth, soup, milk, almonds, mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery and cheese. Mix well.
- Spread mixture into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle chow mein noodles over top of dish.
- Bake another 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Watch that noodles don't burn.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.