Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
Love the taste of Chinese but want cheese too? I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it's a great blending of two cultures and very kid-friendly. My family loves it!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- Melt butter in skillet, and cook chicken until lightly browned. Set aside.
- Butter/grease baking dish.
- In large mixing bowl, combine cooked chicken, broth, soup, milk, almonds, mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery and cheese. Mix well.
- Spread mixture into baking dish.
- Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle chow mein noodles over top of dish.
- Bake another 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Watch that noodles don't burn.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.