1 hr 5 mins
Love the taste of Chinese but want cheese too? I'm not sure where this recipe came from, but it's a great blending of two cultures and very kid-friendly. My family loves it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (10 1/2 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (5 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup sliced almonds (optional)
- 1 (4 1/2 ounce) can sliced mushrooms
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, drained & chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 (5 ounce) can chow mein noodles
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (or more if desired)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Cut chicken breasts into small cubes.
- 3Melt butter in skillet, and cook chicken until lightly browned. Set aside.
- 4Butter/grease baking dish.
- 5In large mixing bowl, combine cooked chicken, broth, soup, milk, almonds, mushrooms, water chestnuts, celery and cheese. Mix well.
- 6Spread mixture into baking dish.
- 7Bake uncovered for 40 minutes.
- 8Sprinkle chow mein noodles over top of dish.
- 9Bake another 5 minutes or until mixture is bubbly. Watch that noodles don't burn.
- 10Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Americanized Chinese Chicken Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 561.9
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.6 g
- Saturated Fat 11.1 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 1116.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 5.2 g
- Protein 30.4 g