I got this from a recipe site called www.laguna2001.com
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package Little Smokies sausages or 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs, sliced
- 1/2 lb American cheese, cubed
- 1Cook an stir onion in butter in 3-quart saucepan on medium-high heat until tender.
- 2Add potatoes, water, celery and seasonings.
- 3Bring to a boil.
- 4Reduce heat; cover.
- 5Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- 6Gradually add small amount of milk to flour, stirring until well blended.
- 7Gradually add flour mixture to hot vegetables, stirring constantly.
- 8Stir in remaining milk and sausage; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- 9Add american cheese; stir until melted.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for American Chowder
Serving Size: 1 (304 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 361.0
- Calories from Fat 213
- Total Fat 23.7 g
- Saturated Fat 11.6 g
- Cholesterol 61.5 mg
- Sodium 1356.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.1 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 14.8 g