Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 30 mins
I got this from a recipe site called www.laguna2001.com
Make and share this American Chowder recipe from Food.com.
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 cups potatoes, cubed
- 2 cups cold water
- 1 cup celery, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 (12 ounce) package Little Smokies sausages or 1 (12 ounce) package hot dogs, sliced
- 1⁄2 lb American cheese, cubed
- Cook an stir onion in butter in 3-quart saucepan on medium-high heat until tender.
- Add potatoes, water, celery and seasonings.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover.
- Simmer 15 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Gradually add small amount of milk to flour, stirring until well blended.
- Gradually add flour mixture to hot vegetables, stirring constantly.
- Stir in remaining milk and sausage; cook, stirring constantly, until mixture boils and thickens.
- Add american cheese; stir until melted.
We loved this, even though I accidently made this too salty. Will be making again soon.
I just had to make this recipe because it just sounded weird. Everyone in my family loved it! Just another way to feed your kids hot dogs, how can you go wrong?