Prep 0 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 1 cup butter or 1 cup margarine
- 1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups unbleached flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups quick oats
- 12 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, cream butter and.
- sugar until light and fluffy.
- Mix in eggs and vanilla.
- Sift together flour, baking powder and salt. Add to creamed mixture. Blend thoroughly.
- Stir in oats and chocolate chips, mix well.
- Drop by tablespoons onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake at 350° for 10-12 minutes.
- Cool 1 minute before removing from cookie sheet and placing cookies on cooling rack.
This is are the best chocolate chip cookies I have ever had. I used whole wheat flour instead of white and they turned out even better. Nice and moist with a rich almost nutty flavor.
These are very doughy cookies. They are good cookies but they do not have the texture of the "traditional" chocolate chip cookie. Rather, they are doughy, much like Christmas cookies. Worth making if yoiu are in the mood for that. Next time I am going to use 1 cup oats.
My kids loved it! A way to get them eat oatmeal , i think its a healthy choicee!