This is a wonderful summertime pie, I have made this on many occasions, and always have had rave reviews, I usually prepare two of these for a weekend, this will go fast! A tip, make sure that the crushed pineapple is very well drained, or the pie will not hold up I always squeeze out any extra juice with my hands) --- see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup milk
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1/2 cup whipped cream (whipped)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple (VERY well drained, squeeze all juice out)
- 1/3 cup mashed banana (DO NOT use a very ripe brown banana for this!)
- 1/2 cup toasted coconut
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans (preferably toasted)
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells or 1 (10 inch) deep dish pie shells (baked and completely cooled) or 1 (10 inch) graham cracker pie crusts
- 1In a small bowl, mix milk, 1/2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped), rum extract and the dry pudding mix; beat at high speed with an electric hand mixer until thick and smooth.
- 2Fold in the 1/2 cup whipped cream (already whipped), well-drained pineapple and mashed banana: mix lightly with a spatula or wooden spoon to combine well.
- 3Pour the mixture into a baked and cooled pie crust.
- 4Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- 5Refrigerate for 3 or more hours-- YUMMY!
Browse Our Top Pie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ambrosia Cream Pie
Serving Size: 1 (1249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2484.9
- Calories from Fat 1342
- Total Fat 149.2 g
- Saturated Fat 77.0 g
- Cholesterol 219.9 mg
- Sodium 2468.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 275.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.3 g
- Sugars 179.3 g
- Protein 25.1 g