Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a wonderful summertime pie, I have made this on many occasions, and always have had rave reviews, I usually prepare two of these for a weekend, this will go fast! A tip, make sure that the crushed pineapple is very well drained, or the pie will not hold up I always squeeze out any extra juice with my hands) --- see my Kittencal's No-Fail Buttery Flaky Pie Pastry/Crust
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup heavy whipping cream (unwhipped)
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) box vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1⁄2 cup whipped cream (whipped)
- 2 (8 ounce) cans crushed pineapple (VERY well drained, squeeze all juice out)
- 1⁄3 cup mashed banana (DO NOT use a very ripe brown banana for this!)
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (preferably toasted)
- 1 (9 inch) deep dish pie shells or 1 (10 inch) deep dish pie shells (baked and completely cooled) or 1 (10 inch) graham cracker pie crusts
- In a small bowl, mix milk, 1/2 cup whipping cream (unwhipped), rum extract and the dry pudding mix; beat at high speed with an electric hand mixer until thick and smooth.
- Fold in the 1/2 cup whipped cream (already whipped), well-drained pineapple and mashed banana: mix lightly with a spatula or wooden spoon to combine well.
- Pour the mixture into a baked and cooled pie crust.
- Sprinkle with coconut and pecans.
- Refrigerate for 3 or more hours-- YUMMY!