1/1 Photo of Ambrosia Cheesecake
1 hr 20 mins
southern chef in louisiana's Note:
This is a beautiful and impressive cake--great for holidays.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 1/2 cups almond shortbread cookies, crumbs (about 12 cookies)
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 4 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (14 ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups fresh orange curd
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted (optional)
- 1Stir together first 3 ingredients; press mixture into bottom of a 10-inch springform pan.
- 2Bake at 350° for 8 minutes. Cool.
- 3Beat cream cheese, eggs, and 1 cup sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer until fluffy. Stir in 14-ounce package coconut and vanilla. Pour into prepared crust.
- 4Bake at 350° for 1 hour. Cool completely on a wire rack.
- 5Cover and chill 8 hours. Release sides of springform pan, and place cheesecake on serving platter or cake stand. Spread Fresh Orange Curd evenly over top of cheesecake. Sprinkle 1 cup toasted coconut around outer edge of top, if desired. Arrange Decorated Pastry Strips on sides of cheesecake, if desired. Garnish top of cake, if desired.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Ambrosia Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 552.1
- Calories from Fat 379
- Total Fat 42.2 g
- Saturated Fat 29.2 g
- Cholesterol 143.6 mg
- Sodium 348.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 37.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: