Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe came from my sister-in-law Denise who is an awesome cook, mother and wife! Originally we were using it only for pork but last night I had boneless, skinless chicken breasts thawed and thought, "why not?" The brown sugar flavor really came through with the chicken. I'm guessing it would also be great with venison. I often double the marinade for plenty to boil and pour over the grilled meat.
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce (I use low sodium )
- Mix all ingredients together. Marinade 4 Pork Chops or 3-4 Boneless, skinless chicken breasts for 1-2 hours, then grill.
- Boil any leftover marinade for at least 5 minutes and pour over grilled meat.
Reminds me of PF Changs, amazing on Pork and Beef, haven't tried chicken yet, no changes, perfect!
Delicious tastes like a flank steak marinade I grew up with. THanks!
Delicious! I used this for pork chops but look forward to trying it with chicken also.