Recipe by *Kristi*
This is the best dip you'll ever serve!!! Got this recipe from my a lady who always brought it to my cousins yearly Christmas party. Everytime I make this people beg for the recipe. Once you start munching on it its pretty difficult to stop! Serve with tortilla chips or Ritz crackers.
Top Review by Margie99
I was torn whether to give it 4 or 5 stars. I nuked the pepperoni between paper towels first and I only used 6 ounces, that seemed like plenty. I also didn't use green pepper because my family doesn't like green pepper. That said, it was really dry. I think it wouldn't have been dry if I had made it just like the recipe but it would have been greasy. I would like to try it again this time I might add some mayo to loosen it up. It was yummy and very rich.
- 2 (6 ounce) packagesof pre-sliced pepperoni
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese
- 1 medium diced green pepper
- 1 (6 ounce) can French's cheddar french fried onions (found in the canned vegetable aisle)
Directions See How It's Made
- Stack pepperoni slices up about 5-7 high and then use either kitchen sheers or a knife to coarsely chop up pepperoni.
- Blend together all of the ingredients and bake in a greased casserole dish at 350 F for approximately 45 minutes.
- Cooking spray works fine for this.
- I find that it is easiest to just buy one of those deep round foil throwaway casserole pans from the store.
- Leave the dip covered with foil for about the first half hour of baking and then take the foil off.
- You may want to pull the dip out and stir it about half way through cooking.
- This seems to speed up and even out the cooking.
- Serve with tortilla chips or crackers.