Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is for all the basil lovers - serve this at a dinner party and WOW the guests! Serve with jasmine rice and slices of mango.
- vegetable oil
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 small red onion
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice or 1⁄2 cup mango juice
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 lime
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped fresh basil
- Lightly oil a large frying pan and set over medium heat. When hot, add chicken and cook until light golden, 3-4 min per side. Meanwhile, thinly slice red onion. When chicken is golden, scatter onion around chicken. Pour in orange juice. Sprinkle with dried basil, cumin and salt.
- Using a wooden spoon, scrape up and stir in any brown bits from pan bottom. Bring to a boil, then reduce heat to medium-low. Cover and simmer, turning chicken halfway through, until chicken is springy when pressed, 6-8 minute Squeeze juice from lime overtop. Remove chicken and place on dinner plates. Increase heat to high. Boil pan juice, stirring often, until slightly thickened, about 2 minute Stir in fresh basil. Drizzle over chicken. Serve with jasmine rice and slices of mango.
The chicken was nice and moist but we were a bit disappointed with the flavor. The cumin was overly dominate in this dish. We didn't taste the orange nor the lime juice. I would suggest cutting the cumin down to 1/2 tsp. Made for Let's P-A-R-T-Y 2009 tag game.
Delicious! This was prepared exactly as written. I used a nonstick frying pan so that I wouldn't have to use too much oil and for the juice I used an orange/mango blend. The chicken was served with basmati rice and ataulfo mango slices. The only thing I would do differently is double the sauce ingredients. Made for Spring09PAC.
This dish was so yummy. mango was the perfect side dish for it. Only complaint I have is that it seems the nutrition info was calculated without the oil its cooked in. I used olive oil which added over 200 calories. I also needed to use an extra 1/2 c. of juice to have enough sauce for all 4 breasts. Otherwise I didnt change a thing! Will be making this again :)