1 hr 15 mins
I love banana bread and I have been tinkering with this recipe for a while now. It is a bit different but it comes out so moist. You can also substitute for any nut you like. I have used pecans and hazelnuts with great results. Also different kinds of puddings make for great changes. The last batch I made I used cheesecake flavored- OMG- sinful.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 226.79 g box vanilla pudding mix or 226.79 g box French vanilla pudding mix
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml very soft butter (not melted)
- 78.07 ml sour cream (I used low fat)
- 5-6 very ripe bananas
- 236.59 ml milk chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml dark chocolate chips
- 473.18 ml walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 1Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- 2In mixing bowl place all dry ingredients together. Sift lightly with a fork.
- 3Add butter and begin to beat slowly, add eggs one at a time.
- 4add vanilla and increase speed, making sure all dry ingredients are well mixed. Add sour cream and them mushed bananas.
- 5Continue to mix well. I then added chips and nuts by hand. Folding them in gently and mixing carefully until well mixed. You may add more of either to your taste.
- 6This should make enough batter for two large loaf pans. Fill each one about 2/3 full and cook for about 60 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amazing Banana Bread With Chocolate Chips and Walnuts
Serving Size: 1 (2311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4157.6
- Calories from Fat 2122
- Total Fat 235.8 g
- Saturated Fat 103.3 g
- Cholesterol 562.2 mg
- Sodium 2293.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 492.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 28.0 g
- Sugars 319.8 g
- Protein 55.4 g