Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
I love banana bread and I have been tinkering with this recipe for a while now. It is a bit different but it comes out so moist. You can also substitute for any nut you like. I have used pecans and hazelnuts with great results. Also different kinds of puddings make for great changes. The last batch I made I used cheesecake flavored- OMG- sinful.
- 473.18 ml flour
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 14.78 ml baking powder
- 226.79 g box vanilla pudding mix or 226.79 g box French vanilla pudding mix
- 4.92 ml cinnamon
- 3 large eggs
- 236.59 ml very soft butter (not melted)
- 78.07 ml sour cream (I used low fat)
- 5-6 very ripe bananas
- 236.59 ml milk chocolate chips
- 236.59 ml dark chocolate chips
- 473.18 ml walnuts (or nuts of your choice)
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350 degress.
- In mixing bowl place all dry ingredients together. Sift lightly with a fork.
- Add butter and begin to beat slowly, add eggs one at a time.
- add vanilla and increase speed, making sure all dry ingredients are well mixed. Add sour cream and them mushed bananas.
- Continue to mix well. I then added chips and nuts by hand. Folding them in gently and mixing carefully until well mixed. You may add more of either to your taste.
- This should make enough batter for two large loaf pans. Fill each one about 2/3 full and cook for about 60 minutes or until top is golden brown and toothpick comes out clean.