Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This recipe is amazing. I created it myself, and this way you can get hot, authentic cider using real apples. Plus, you only use real apples, and only one pan is needed! I hope you enjoy!
- 18 ounces apples, peeled, cored, skinned, and sliced
- 24 ounces juicy juice (I find that berry blue works best)
- 6 cups boiling water
- cinnamon, to taste
- colored sugar crystals, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- honey, to taste
- Sprinkle cinnamon and sugar on both sides of apple slices.
- In a deep pot, saute apples with more cinnamon and sugar.
- Add juice, water, vanilla, honey, and more cinnamon if desired.
- Bring to a boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce to medium heat and simmer until apple slices are incredibly tender.
- Remove from heat and strain. Stir in sugar crystals, to taste and serve immediately.
Wow !! This was real easy and delicious. To explain my 4 star rating, there is an apple orchard near us that has the best apple cider in the midwest, it is the biggest apple orchard too. But they make EXCELLENT apple cider, and yours was just as good as theirs. Very Very good. Both have as much taste,and flavor as the other. Really enjoyed it. Great Recipe !!