Prep 20 mins
Cook 55 mins
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1⁄2 cup sugar or 1⁄2 cup Splenda Sugar Blend for Baking
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup liquid (I like 1/2 c. peach nectar, 1/4 c. Amaretto, 1/4 c. water)
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 6 cups peaches (fresh or frozen, peeled, sliced)
- 1 pillsbury refrigerated pie crust
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon sugar
- Allow the pie crust to come to room temperature while preparing peaches.
- Spray 8x8 casserole with butter flavored Pam and set aside.
- Combine cornstarch, sugar/Splenda, salt in a small saucepan. Add cold liquid and stir to combine. Cook, stirring over medium-high heat until mixture begins to boil. Cook 2 more minutes to fully thicken. This will seem very thick, but when poured over peaches, it will thin while cooking.
- Remove sauce from heat. Add 1 tablespoons butter; stir until melted.
- Slice peeled peaches into a large bowl. Stir in sauce. Pour into casserole.
- Unroll pie crust on a piece of cling-wrap. Cut into 9 long strips; discard round "ends." Create lattice crust by carefully overlapping strips; alternate folding back vertical strips while adding strips across the horizontal.
- Sprinkle lattice top with cinnamon/sugar; dot with more butter if you like.
- Bake 10 minutes at 400; Lower heat and continue baking at 350 for 45 minutes.
- I like to time the baking of the cobbler so that it emerges from the oven with time to cool while eating & cleaning up from dinner. Add Bluebell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream and enjoy!