1/2 Photos of Amaretto Cheesecake
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 10 mins
Cooking Beast's Note:
This recipe will produce an elegant, creamy cheesecake with subtle levels of sweetness and amaretto. The cheesecake filling has almond paste in it, available at many grocery stores and specialty shops. This recipe comes from Desserts with Spirit! (1985) by Robert Carmack and Gino Cofacci. Serves 8-10. Prep and cooking time do not include refrigeration overnight.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
Graham Cracker Crust
- 1 cup crushed graham cracker crumbs (or crushed amaretti macaroons)
- 1/2 cup toasted almond, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon Amaretto
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 4 ounces almond paste, such as Odense (or marzipan)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons white flour
- 1/3 cup Amaretto (such as DiSarono)
- 24 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
- 3 eggs, at room temperature
- 1For the crust: Combine all the ingredients into a paste. Press the paste onto the bottom and sides of a 9-inch springform pan and refrigerate.
- 2For the cheesecake filling: Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- 3Combine the almond paste, sugar, and flour in a food processor; beat until smooth. Place this into a mixing bowl and beat in one-third of the cream cheese at a time, mixing well after each addition. Beat in the eggs one at a time, then pour the mixture into the prepared springform pan. Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes.
- 4For the topping: Combine the sour cream, amaretto, and sugar; mix well. Spread it evenly on the cheesecake and return the cake to the oven for an additional 20 minutes, or until set.
- 5Refrigerate 6 hours or over night; serve chilled.
Browse Our Top Cheesecake Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Amaretto Cheesecake
Serving Size: 1 (155 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 535.0
- Calories from Fat 375
- Total Fat 41.7 g
- Saturated Fat 19.9 g
- Cholesterol 154.9 mg
- Sodium 300.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.6 g
- Sugars 25.3 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: