Recipe by Doeafemaledear
This is my girlfriend Amanda's recipe we all love it and it has always been well recieved by company. It's wonderful served with the sauce over white rice.
Top Review by TasteTester
I always like to try new barbecue sauce recipes, and this one was really good! It tasted a bit "lighter" than other tomato-based sauces, which I liked, and had a nice tangy flavor from the steak sauce and worcestershire. One step I had never tried in a recipe before was adding an onion to the sauce ingredients in the blender. It really thickened up the sauce nicely! I used boneless, skinless chicken breasts, as I had tons of them in the freezer -- I cooked them for 35 minutes in the oven and they came out perfectly. (Oh, and we all really enjoyed the sauce over our rice.) Yum -- a quick and easy recipe that tastes great!!
- 5 -6 perfered chicken pieces (we like bone in breat and thighs)
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons Heinz 57 steak sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup white vinegar
- 1 medium sweet onion
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree all ingredients, excluding chicken, in a blender or food processor until it forms a smooth sauce. Arrange chicken in backing dish. Pour sauce over chicken and bake at 350 degrees for about 1 hour or until chicken is at desired doneness. Serve over hot rice.