- 3 cups sugar
- 1 cup white corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 3 teaspoons butter
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking soda
- 3 cups raw peanuts
- 1 dash salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease large cookie sheets with raised edges.
- Boil sugar, syrup, & water until it spins long brittle threads.
- Add peanuts & boil 7 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Add butter & vanilla, stirring only until butter melts.
- Add soda, stir quickly and pour onto cookie sheets as quickly as possible.
- Allow to cool completely, then break into individual pieces.